Determined Greater New York Area Attorneys Assert Client Rights
Providing remedies for problems from substandard representation to excessive billing
For civil society to function properly, lawyers must be held to high standards of honesty, integrity and professionalism. While legal clients do not have a right to a favorable outcome, they can expect and demand fair dealing, honest effort and competence. If you believe your attorney has wronged you through negligence, sloppiness or opportunism, The McKenna Law Firm, LLC is available to help. Our attorneys have more than 48 years of combined legal experience. We strive to maintain the highest ethical standards in our practice and have no hesitation regarding actions to hold other attorneys accountable. Clients who approach us for assistance with legal malpractice actions can expect:
- A free initial consultation and case evaluation
- Personal engagement from a seasoned attorney who manages their case from start to finish
- Expedited case management that moves forward swiftly and in a cost-effective manner
- Flexible fee schedules including contingency fee arrangements where appropriate
How to judge when your attorney has wronged you
Not every disappointed client has a case for malpractice. Even if you believe the merits of your case deserved a better outcome, your attorney’s failure may not rise to the level of malpractice. Our attorneys have extensive experience in business transactions and commercial and civil litigation, so we know what evidence is necessary to make a case for professional liability, including:
- Failure to meet deadlines
- Being tardy or absent for court appearances
- Faulty research leading to mistakes with respect to the law
- Failure to uncover pertinent facts during discovery
- Failure to develop familiarity with the case, resulting in omissions or mistakes in presenting relevant facts
If you lost at trial due to attorney negligence, you should be compensated for your loss. The more complex your case, the more difficult it may be to prove that attorney negligence, and the more you must rely on experienced trial attorneys to evaluate the viability of your malpractice claim. The McKenna Law Firm, LLC has tried to conclusion complex matters involving multiple claims for legal malpractice for various personal and corporate clients. We stand ready to assert your claims against your failed attorney.
Billing disputes with former counsel
Bills for legal services can induce severe cases of sticker shock, especially when your attorney has neglected to keep you updated on expenses. If you’ve received a disproportionate bill from your former counsel, we can thoroughly review your case to determine whether your lawyer overbilled.
Contact an honest New York City legal malpractice attorney for a free evaluation
The McKenna Law Firm works for you to enforce professional standards on greater New York lawyers. To schedule a free consultation and case evaluation, call 973-509-0050 or contact us online.